Thursday, February 23, 2017

TONKATSU FEVER




There is something about Tonkatsu that makes me so addicted to it. I love it so much to the point that I never let a week pass without having it. Though, it's so unhealthy but ever since, (only God knows when) I've always loved fried food. Who wouldn't love the crunchy, buttery, and flavorful taste of tender boneless pork, right?

There are so many stores selling Tonkatsu here in Kansas but whenever I feel like treating myself, I go to the best Katsu house for me, Nagoya, to put my Katsu fix satisfied. When it comes to food, i'm totally fine with spending a little much for as long as it makes me extremely happy. I've tried other Katsu houses around the city but they're no match to the masterpiece of  Nagoya. I don't know if I'm biased, but in all sorts, I think they have got my buds all satisfied aside from the fact that their nearest branch is just 15 mins. away from home. HAHA!











I'm a guy who eats so a lot, so, I really love it when the restaurant I'm eating at has huge servings. This is what pulled my heart closer to their Katsu. Not to mention that they have unlimited rice, shredded cabbage, and miso soup. You also get to create your own katsu sauce with their so called "ritual." You pound your sesame seeds in a bowl then add sesame oil and then finally a scoop or two of their special tonkatsu sauce.

Now, let's talk about my personal favorite, their Rosu Set, deep fried pork with a sliver of glistening fat trimmings in crisp golden panko. The fat trimmings take the tonkatsu to a whole new level of goodness. As soon as you take a bite it melts in your mouth right away. I like mixing my shredded cabbage with spicy mayo sauce, it goes well with my tonkatsu! Yum!




I love how great this Rosu Katsu is, that I also happen to eat this for two consecutive days last week. HAHA. 


I love how the chefs put their heart and soul to every food they serve. You can taste genuine Japanese goodness in every bite for sure. I'm so mesmerized on how they manage to put so much flavors in their food without sacrificing the texture and appearance of the food. Though, the preparation time is quite long, I guarantee you that it's all worth it!

Well, they don't only focus on Katsus, they also offer a wide variation of authentic Japanese food. Sushi, Japanese steak, and many more. You can also try their Ramen Thursdays! 50% discount on all available Ramen. You'll definitely love it!







THANKS FOR READING!
















































No comments:

Post a Comment